Friday, April 20, 2018

A Proper Garden, Delaware, Ohio

This lovely garden center/gift shop is in my daughter's town of Delaware, Ohio....


....driving by you might not be aware of the hidden treasures found inside...


Baby Callan and I ventured out to this shop to get my MacKenzie-Childs "fix"....


...they have a wonderful selection of enamel...


...and ceramics...


....I was drooling a bit...


...and Callan slept thru most of the visit!!


This clay stoneware bread plate and salt cellar caught my eye - They were so unique!.  
I wanted to re-set the table properly and place the bread plate on the left side, and rearrange the mugs, but I refrained!!  
Remember the rule "drink to the right, eat to the left".  
It's a pet peeve of mine and I just cringe when I see a table set improperly!


But, back to this dishware....here is the description:


I am not sure I would use this, but I can certainly imagine it in an old New England home!


Here are more pieces....


...I want this guy in my garden - - oh that's right, I don't garden!!....so i left him behind...


....a beautiful and unique chandelier...


...romantic display of flowers and pots...


...beautiful Vietri dishware...


This table setting caught my eye....can you guess why:


Look at the tines on the fork - they curve upward!!  I wanted so badly to see how this felt in the mouth - the workers said it felt normal!  These are so unique! 


Look at this selection of ribbon:


There was a lovely grouping of Montes Dogget Peruvian dishware that is stunning!:


As always, it was a fun visit!

They also have great wall art.....and no one said it better than Audrey:



 To read about A Proper Garden when I first discovered it, go HERE



Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

12 comments:

  1. I love it! Rustic on the outside, elegant on the inside. I could do some retail therapy there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, THANK YOU so much for visiting Cheri'sChatter! Second, I am SO sorry my link to those cute orange gingham loafers was wrong. I checked (no pun intended) on it and here is the link: https://tjmaxx.tjx.com/store/jump/product/Gingham-Loafers/1000356974?colorId=NS1003599&pos=1:1&Ntt=orange%20checked%20loafers They are sooo cute and I do love orange. Now...to comment on your post. I have never seen any Mackenzie Childs stuff in my area; possibly could find it in Atlanta but I do hate to travel there! But this shop is just lovely and I have a feeling if I went there I would leave with a MUCH lighter purse:) The pictures are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, Patti! I like the Vietri and those bent tines on the forks. Baby C is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sweet baby Callan looks so adorable in his carrier. Looks like he was on his best behavior:) while you enjoyed looking at all those beautiful pieces of MC.. So many others collections there I could love. Probably good I wasn’t tempted! Know you enjoyed taking care of Callan, he’s so precious...........

    ReplyDelete
  5. From one becky to another...I feel your pain about incorrect table settings. I always have to rearrange ones I see in a store that are done wrong.
    That boutique looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a treasure trove!! Did you buy anything? That civil stoneware is from Birmingham!! Precious cargo you have with you!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's my kind of garden store! I'd be there every weekend and soon be broke. Thanks for taking us along. I hope you went home with a Nina treat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun place, I'd love to go browsing and buying there. Those forks look like a mean back scratcher to me. :o)) Sweet baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great store! Hope Nina found a little something to add to her collection :-) Callan is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Baby Callan is being indoctrinated into the MacKenzie-Childs cult early! I love this shop. I would get into SO MUCH TROUBLE there!

    I hope you're enjoying a beautiful weekend, Patti!

    xo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really appreciate your professional approach.These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  12. Callan is such a cutie. That store looks like fun! It would be hard to resist.

    ReplyDelete