Sunday, June 11, 2017

Spring Iris....

The rain has finally stopped and the sun helped my iris  bloom:


I decided to cut many blooms just in case the rain returns!


I missed the azalea blooming due to the gloomy, rainy weather...


...but was determined not to miss these...


...I placed them in vases, cups and even shells all around my home...


...adding some leaves for height.


This arrangement was one my Mom always did when I was younger...


...all you need is little oasis shoved into a shell...


What do I see behind the flowers?


...is that chocolate?


It is so easy for me to get distracted!


Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

7 comments:

  1. Your iris is gorgeous! We are finally having sunshine and 80 degree weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so funny! Love the iris, and all your arrangements are so pretty. Your bloom time is exactly one month behind when mine bloomed. It really felt like spring had sprung once the iris bloomed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing beats using our perfect LBD like garden flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you say you don't have a green thumb! These are beautiful, and I like the creative way you've got them in your home to enjoy. The seashell is so clever! Love the sunny pitcher. I gave pieces of that pattern to a friend for gifts and always wished I had given myself a piece or two. The pitcher is perfect for flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Rain has stopped here, but it's too hot now. I'm ready for summer but I didn't need it to go from 50 to 90 in a matter of days.

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these are beautiful. I love to see them in the garden with a breeze and how lovely you show them in your home to enjoy. My sister Iris got her name because a favorite flower of my mom. The Iris has bloomed here now we are enjoying our day lilies.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty!! I love them in the seashell. I don't have one bud on my iris'.....what is going on here? I thought it was too early but if you have them, then I should!

    ReplyDelete