Monday, January 18, 2016

I am snowed in.....


Snowy days are great days to clean, organize and toss.  I started in my closet where I keep my sewing cabinet...


...the drawers were a mess and it was time to "neaten them up"...


...this is a cute sewing stand that I painted a few years ago...



...and it keeps all my supplies in one place!


As I was organizing that, I noticed dust on my lamp shade...



...which led to me dusting/vacuuming every lampshade in my home...


...and as I was doing that...


...I wondered why I have so many lamps...


...because every room has ceiling lights...


...and there is very little need for lamps...


...and, I also wondered...


...if lamps are accessories...


...and I have absolutely no answer...


...but this one has a purpose...


...it's a nice night light for the kitchen!

That chore led me to notice that my 6 panel doors also needed dusting...


...and the morning room floor needed washing...


Boy, I am hoping this storm passes by quickly, but they are saying 2 feet will most likely drop in 48 hours - ugghhhh!

The snow is blowing....


...and covering the windows...


I am off to organize some kitchen cupboards while I still have some energy left....

Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! I hope it doesn't make it down to Long Island! It is cold and super windy, but no snow so far.
    You were very productive! I did vac and wash the kitchen and breakfast room floors, but the lampshades and doors didn't get done!
    Stay safe and warm, no slipping on the ice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to ask, did you make your window treatments? They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti, you are getting more snow than us. Stay safe and warm! Now I think I need a sewing machine table and a day off to organize :o)

    ReplyDelete