Thursday, October 1, 2015

Butternut Squash....YUM!



I love squash, especially Butternut.

I thought I would share my favorite way to prepare it.

First and foremost, you need a pretty baking pan - this is from the Pioneer Woman's collection:


Cut the squash in half, scoop out the seeds, and fill each cavity with 2 T butter:


Add about 2 T brown sugar, sprinkling it over the butter:


Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper:


Add about 1/2 " water to the baking pan....


...and cover tightly with foil:


Bake for 1 hour at 350'.

Let it cool a bit....


....and scoop out the liquid butter and squash:


It can be purified, mashed with a fork, or just eaten as it!


And then it MUST be served in a pretty bowl...


...so delicious!!


If you try it, let me know your thoughts....I am off to taste test!!

Happy October!



Sharing with Grace at Home
Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment