Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Local Flavor Swap - Meet "Indiana" through Patty's Pretty Things

I recently participated in a "Local Flavor Swap" over at Chaotic Goddess
and my swap partner was Patty @ Patty's Pretty Things.

This was a fun swap and a wonderful way to meet a new blogging friend.  Patty lives in Indiana and sent me a package of wonderful gifts:


This is a book from the Sanctuary in Zionsville with lovely art work and a special signed print, which I plan to frame and hang in my bedroom!


And who knew?  Vera Bradley is located in Ft Wayne.  She took time to download the VB patterns and, using her silhouette, made the cutest note cards (VB - have you thought of this?)


These adorable notepads will be great to toss into my purse - I am always looking for a piece of paper to jot down thoughts or email addys!


The state flower and state bird is represented in these cute little gift tags:


When I think of Indiana, I think of corn, so she cleverly used candy corn to represent it!  And who knew?  Balls canning jars are made in Indiana?  Can you see the Clabber Girl baking powder in the background?  Again, who knew?


Patty also included some poems byJames Whitcomb Riley along with some prints.

It was so enjoyable to meet Patty and learn so much about her home state - and it's also rewarding to meet a new blogging friend!  Thanks, Patty!

Visit Chaotic Goddess to see what other bloggers swapped.  This was so much fun!
Pin It

Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed my Indiana representation. My husband asked why I didn't include something for the Indy 500 or Colts Football team, but he knows I am not sports oriented. He quickly saved himself saying my representation was better because it was original - smart man - haha. Anyway, I really enjoyed playing swaps with you, Patti!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty is so crafty! What a great box of Indiana! I never knew the Ball Canning Jars came from Indiana. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun gift swap. This is such a cute idea, and it helps connect bloggers in a special way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti, what a great box to introduce you to Indiana! I'll have to check out the rest of the swaps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candy corn- how clever! I didn't know those companies were based in Indiana.How fantastic! Thanks for swapping with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is cool! You ladies are so creative and I'm so sure of how much you LOVE each of you swap stuff!

    ReplyDelete