Sunday, August 18, 2013

Carrot, Zucchini and Apple Bread

I love quick breads!  I saw this recipe online (somewhere?) and decided to try it and alter it a bit.  It was so tasty that I will make this again!

Zucchini and carrots grated and an apple chopped up:





Beautiful color for fall:


Recipe:

Preheat oven to 350'
Grease 2 bread pans

Blend together:
1 cup butter, 2 cups sugar, 3 eggs, 1/4 cup orange juice and 1 T vanilla (or 1 t banana extract)

In a separate bowl combine:
3 1/4 c flour, 1/2 t salt, 2 1/2 t baking powder, 3/4 t baking soda, 1 T cinnamon.

Grate 2 cups carrots and 1 cup zucchini and dice up one apple.

Alternately stir together dry mixture and grated/diced mix into the butter mixture.  

Divide evenly between two pans and bake for 1 hour

MMMmmmm good!

Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

5 comments:

  1. Yum! That looks so good. I've made zucchini bread but never thought of adding apple and carrot. Great idea and more veggies/fruits are good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make Empire State Muffins, and its very similar. I'll be making this bread! Looks lovely in your McKenzie-Childs loaf pan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Looks healthy and especially pretty baked in the McK-C loaf pan. I have the pie plates, but not the loaf pan. I think I need the loaf pan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks absolutely delicious!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patti,
    Thanks for the recipe, it sounds delicious!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete