Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Dinner for 4

I don't have a defined dining room in my home, it only has 2 walls. The antique dining table that is centered in this area does not have chairs around it, giving the illusion of more space. I just bring in chairs when using the room to dine!
Friends came for Sunday dinner and the menu was simple:
Garden Salad, Stuffed Shells and Garlic Bread.

I was excited to use my new Pottery Barn tablecloth and Waverly napkin rings with the napkins I bought in the Caribbean a few years ago:
The dishes are from Marshall's:
The flatware is Spode:

And here are the Lenox stemware I got over 31 years ago as a wedding present:
Sharing with Tablescape Thursdays at Between Naps on the Porch
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

14 comments:

  1. Hi Patti,
    What a lovely table setting. I think the colors that you have chosen go so well together. I love everything!

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table looks so pretty! The colors compliment each other just perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty Sunday dinner. Sounds like it was yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty table! I love your dishes. I have the green ones in a beige kind of color- I love the edge detail. Don't you just love Marshall's! I wish I had one close by. Those are sharp napkin rings! Love the spode flatware too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, Patti. The salad plate is lovely. Your meal sounds delicious, everything I like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Menu sounds perfect and the table looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've prepared a lovely table setting and menu...wish I were one of the guests!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Patti, I do love this tablescape! Love your dining area and the table is beautiful! Inspiration for me today! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice, Patti! I am particularly drawn to the candlesticks with their sleek little shape. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patti,
    your table setting is lovely, the plates, linens, everything all goes together perfectly and the menu sounds yummmmy! Sounds like a fun, relaxing night!
    Thanks for visiting!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the tablecloth! The dishes are so pretty and what fun flatware! The pedestal is so graceful and looks wonderful in your dining room!

    Elaine
    Creating Wonderful Spaces

    ReplyDelete
  12. Patti, your tablescape is beautiful. What a treat to sit there! But I've seen some of the things you serve to guests. . . I wouldn't care if I had to stand up the whole time I was in your house. It would be a treat just to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Patti...LOVE your table!! We have a small dining room with THREE walls, but not much space;-) We have a round table too. But I love the pedestal base on yours. The tablescape is lovely as well. Your dishes all go so well together.

    BTW-where in central NY are you? There are a few of us "tablescapers" from Utica!

    Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful little table you have here. I love your dishes...
    Did you come over for my giveaway?
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete