Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Random Acts of Kindness

My friend Andrea of Needle Notes is always crafting something ~ knitting, beading, making greeting cards, taking photos, and so on. The other day in the mail I received the prettiest necklaces and earrings to match. The first, in raspberry and crystal, will look so pretty with this outfit:
And this one will go with anything, especially black!
And it will match a bracelet she "knitted with wire" for me about 4 years ago:
She uses magnetic clasps and it makes it so easy to put on - but here's a funny story:

I "lost one of the bracelets she made me and I found it months later - attached to my cheese grater in the cupboard - I must have been wearing it as I pulled the grater out of the dishwasher - and that's how strong the magentic closures are!!

Thanks so much Andrea - you are extremely generous and kind!
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

6 comments:

  1. That knitted bracelet is so pretty. I love jewellery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea sounds like good people to me! Lovely jewelry pieces!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty jewelry, that bracelet looks very difficult to make. Loved your story about finding it attached to the cheese grater.
    Getting caught up on past posts too.....thanks for the potato recipe. I'll definitely try it once the weather cools a bit. I just can't think about turning on my oven right now.
    Love the herb markers. I have some diamond glaze and old spoons so I'm good to go!!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome, I fell in love with the silver beads, have had them on my beading table for months! I get into a jewelry making kick every once in a while, find a lot of my findings now on Ebay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a love filled post and what a friend you have in Andrea!
    Just had a minute tonight to pop in. Dogs are wanting to walk between the raindrops in Washington.
    Cheers to summer ahead for us, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty these are. I love both.
    Sweet things come to sweet people and YOU are a sweetie.:))
    xoxo bj

    ReplyDelete