Monday, March 7, 2011

And now for the directions....

Yesterday I posted the coasters I painted and received so many emails and comments asking how they were painted. I assumed, because I paint everything in checks, that there would be little interest in the "how"!!
I am always surpised at the new visitors who come here daily and I appreciate their interest in my lil 'ol blog, so I will certainly be more aware of that in future posts!

So here goes...this is how these checked coasters were made in 15 minutes:
I took my stash of old coasters ...
and spray painted them white:
I drew grid lines on the coaster:
And with my trusty Sharpie, I colored in the checks:
I also made some with polka dots. This is how I always paint polks dots (shhh, it's a secret):
I place the stickers on and spray paint over them ... they come out perfectly!
This is the finishing touch, a MUST! I trim everything in gold:
Hope this helps all of you that want to try this....it's a very easy recycling project and can certainly be made in any colors to match your decor.
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

12 comments:

  1. Patti, Thanks for the tutorial!! I would have never thought about the polka dot circles!! Duh! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti, thank you for sharing this. You make it look and sound so easy. I think I just might be able to do this. LOL
    Thanks again. ~ sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project! You make it look so easy. You must have the steadiest hand!
    I enlarged the first photo to get a better look and even saw checks on your drawer pulls! Love it!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this! The name of my blog is The Polka Dot Closet!!! I love polka dots and now I can paint them on everything!!! Your a genius!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. So super cute...and they match your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! What a cute idea you have here! They came out so perfectly! I will give this one a try!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How simple and perfectly elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh those came out great. They would look cute with my little chickens. I have never thought of doing that. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are great, and I DO have old coaster we don't use anymore.
    Hmm. Now where did I put them....?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute! I love super upcycled projects!

    ReplyDelete