Monday, November 30, 2009

The Mantle and Snow

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here...except there is no snow.
Central NY has gone about 280 days without snow...which is a record....and I can honestly say that I'm happy about that. The older I get, the more I hate the snow.
But a small dusting around the holidays would be fine. Living in the "snow belt" can be quite depressing - except when we have SNOW DAYS and get to stay home from school for the day!
Update: I woke up to a dusting of snow this morning...I don't think there was enough to measure, but it slowed down traffic on the highway - The sun melted it by 10 am! That was enough for me!
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

3 comments:

  1. I'm beginning to wish for snow. Just to look at though; not to shovel, brush or soak the cuffs of my pants, though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That window area looks beautiful. I love all the whites! Here's wishing for some snow around the holidays!!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mantel is very pretty. I only need snow either on Christmas Eve or Christmas day. Then it only needs to be a dusting. No purpose for snow any other time of the year!
    Living it up at Lakewood,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete