Friday, September 4, 2009

This was supposed to be easy...

I love "wall quotes", words of inspiration, and they look lovely in my new home. The directions are simple: line it up and rub it on. The removal directions are just as simple: use a hairdryer and peel off. The packaging says that "no marks will be left on the wall" So the first one I put up said "There's no place like home ~ Dorothy" and I put it up CROOKED. No problem, I'll go buy another.
So, I removed it. It came of easily, BUT, and there is always a BUT, it left a shadow mark:
So, I got out the paint, roller, and supplies and painted over it - THREE times:
And then I was ready for the new application:
And after searching for 2 months, I couldn't find the Dorothy quote, so I found this one:

So the moral of the story is: They are easy to put up, easy to take down, and then an hour of prep and painting to repair!
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

4 comments:

  1. Just lovely...I have peeled one off but didn't get the shadow effect... I love the wall expressions I am hooked..

    thanks for visiting my blog today....come back and visit again ..hoping next weeks tranformastion thursday to have my front door done with vinyl ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lettering looks great above the window.....that's too bad that the first letters left the shadow marks. Good thing you had leftover paint!! I think I like the second lettering better because it looks like it stretches further across the width of the window. Thanks for sharing part of your home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you had such a hard time. If it makes you feel any better, the end result looks GREAT! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jane about the composition of the quote but also think the sentiment behind it is much nicer.

    You asked if the wood from my project was pressed or real - definitely wood and way too heavy for me to easily drag ;)

    ReplyDelete